[Older women,] admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
-Titus 2:4-5 [NKJV]
There are many great works being done by women at West Huntsville. The following areas are coordinated by the elder's wives-- if you would like more information about any of these service areas or if you would like to be involved, see Cindy Colley. Your help is needed and appreciated!
- Ladies Retreat: This is an annual event usually held in February. All West Huntsville ladies and their guests are invited to an announced location for a Friday night and Saturday morning time of fellowship, Bible Study and prayer. We usually have a guest speaker and a lot of fun!
- Ladies Night Out: This monthly fellowship time is generally on the second or third Monday night of the month and rotates in different homes. Our time together includes, supper, a devotional, and a time to sign cards of encouragement to those in need.
- SEAMwork: Ladies volunteer to make goodies and cards of encouragement for our missionary families and ladies in those congregations. We do projects for the work in Ukraine, San Andreas, Colombia, Argentina and various parts of India. This is a great way to be involved by donating time, talent and/or money for these projects or materials. The Acronym is "Sew" Excited About Mission Work, although not every project includes sewing. All talents welcome!!
- Showers of Blessings: Every sister who is getting married or having her first West Huntsville baby gets a shower of gifts and fellowship at West Huntsville.
- The Web Page: We have lots of talented photographers. We really want this ladies' computer page to be both a fun "view" for all of us AND a way we can stay informed about needs and changes that we need to notice, so If you're online, be sure to stay apprised!
- Ladies' Seminar: This major bi-annual ladies event is in August and all of the ladies of the congregation are needed to make it successful. We decorate, cook, make goodies and programs and have greeters and advertisers. But the main thing we look forward to is the spiritual feast that comes our way via a guest ladies speaker. Every single woman of the West Huntsville family can fill a valuable role in making this the most evangelistic outreach of our year. So put it on your calendar and get ready enjoy a great time of preparation, fellowship and learning.
- Purity Days: Every other year the West Huntsville church will host either a Boys’ Day or a Girls’ Day focused on purity through the teen years. This has proven to be a huge event. As a part of our ladies ministry each year we will help provide food and lodging for the guests as needed. We will be on hand to help the guys, in any way we are asked,to make the Boys’ Day successful and we will help the teen girls as they plan to host the Girls’ Day as a part of their GIFTS program.
- Dorcas Program: The Dorcas program has been a faithful group of seamstresses for several decades now. They meet at 10 a.m. on Wednesday mornings, have a Bible study and work for two to three hours on bears, blankets, dolls, etc. for children in emergency situations, nursing home patients or others in need. We would love to have your help in this great work. Sewing machines are provided.
- Ladies breakfast: The Ladies breakfast occurs in the spring and is a time for the West Huntsville sisters to come together for Bible study, a wonderful home-cooked breakfast and a re-evaluation of our work together. This is just a great time of encouragement.
- Newcomer Welcome Baskets: This is a program in which every person/family placing membership at West Huntsville receives a visit and a gift. This program organizes donated gift items, people to assemble the baskets and people to deliver them. This is an area in which you can get to know our new people who may be struggling to feel a part of the family.
- Hair Care: A crew hair care workers go to the Nursing Home every Tuesday morning to shampoo and style hair for all the patients who need this service. This is a very sacrificial work that remains a huge blessing to both the patients and the hair care workers. Volunteers are constantly needed. No experience required.
- Craft Night: Once a month, usually the first Friday, ladies of West Huntsville and friends get together to Scrap, Sew, and Fellowship together. We always have a great time.
- Golden Senior Lunch Crew: Every Thursday morning the Seniors at West Huntsville get together for bible study and lunch. Volunteers prepare the food and do the clean-up duty on a rotating basis.
- Preacher Feature: A basket or bag of goodies is provided in the room (or home) to be enjoyed by visiting speakers, including bottled water, snacks, mints, etc...
Tuesday - Hair Care Workers
Wednesday - Dorcas
Thursday - Golden Seniors
First Friday - Craft Night
Third Monday - Ladies Night Out
February - Ladies Retreat
Late Spring - Ladies Breakfast
Fall - Ladies Seminar/Purity Day